I got a question last week from one our clients about how they could process a credit card donation at an event such as a gala, auction or golf tournament, somewhere where they weren't in front of a computer or had access to a typical credit card terminal. They happen to be one of our many clients using Authorize.net as their payment gateway so I suggested they use Authorize.net's new mobile app for the iPhone.
Authorize.net iPhone app Features:
- Multiple Payment Types - Process real-time credit and signature debit transactions from major payment networks (e.g., Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover)
- Secure Access - Integrated with the Authorize.Net Merchant Interface — use your existing credentials to access the app and validate the legitimacy of a specific device from within the Merchant Interface itself
- History - Review transaction history (processed or pending) and perform voids and refunds
- Email Receipt - Customers can receive a transaction receipt by email
Ready to get started? It's easy. If you have an Authorize.net account and an iPhone do the following:
- Download the Authorize.net mobile app to your iPhone
- Login to the app with the same username and password you use to login to your Authorize.net merhant login web site.
- Once you login successfully the app will issue a prompt that your mobile device is "pending".
- Login to the Authorize.net merchant login web site from your computer. Click on Account. Click on Mobile Device Management. You'll see your phone in the list of pending devies. Select to enable this device. You'll need Account Administrator access to do this.
- Now you are ready to use the app. Login to the app on your phone and follow the steps to process a credit or debit card.
Let me know if you have any questions or need help.